(Compliments of Nadine Hughes – www.nadinehughes.com)
Makes 12 mini cups
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour refrigeration / no cooking time!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3.5 ounces (or a scant half cup) of milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 huge garlic clove, minced well
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon medium grind cracked black pepper, adjust to taste
Selection of raw and blanched vegetables of your choice (carrot, celery, snow peas, red pepper, asparagus, green bean)
For the dressings, in a small cup, combine the milk and lemon juice and let rest for 5 minutes.
In a medium size bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonaise, garlic, dill and parsley. Add the milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasoning as desired.
Pour into a jar and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. I recommend making this the day before to allow the flavours to really incorporate.
Wash, peel and cut vegetables (blanch any such as green bean or asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling salted water).
To serve, place a tablespoon of dressing in 12 small cups and divide vegetables amongst them equally.